Postcard from EUROPRIX Jury, Salzburg


Since Thursday I've been working with experts from all over Europe to identify the best of the 300 projects registered for the EUROPRIX Multimedia Awards. The participants are students and young professionals under 30, and they are competing in nine categories and for three special prizes.


The work has been intense and inspiring. Last night I came to my room at 2 - not from a night club but from the jury plenary. The jury has been very professional, debates have been heavy, the view points many, but the arguments always well grounded and all the jurors have learned a lot. I believe we voted almost one hundred times yesterday, but everybody seems to be happy with the decisions.

Today we make the final decisions and travel back home. Most of us will meet next time at the EUROPRIX Multimedia Festival in Graz November 11-14. All the 20+ nominee teams will be there, and the winners will be celebrated in the Gala.

This year I will travel to Graz with 20 of my international media programme students. I'm sure they will learn a lot and get loads of inspiration.

I also had the chance to discuss with my colleagues. Some of them will participate in MindTrek in October and our International Week in April, giving again our students a chance to learn and network internationally. Also talks about two European projects wew successfull.
Happy regards from Salzburg

Cai

Photo: Every morning some jurors walked with me from our hotel to ICNM, the headquarters of EUROPRIX. Pictured here with the alps in the backgound Korash Sandijeh (UK), Dan Livingstone (UK), Gabriella Taddeo (Italy) and Nir Yuz (Israel).
|||