Hannaleena Hauru's If I Fall invited to Animateka


The eight Animateka film festival in Ljublajana, Slovenia, December 7-12 has focus on Finland this year. One of the short films representing Finland is the graduation work by Hannaleena Hauru "If I Fall".


The film project got a flying start: in 2005 Hannaleena Hauru's script got the Nisi Masa Script Award and additionally 4 000 € funding for production. Also the Finnish Broadcasting Company YLE offered funding. The premiere was in 2007, and the film has ever since been invited to numerous film festivals in Europe, Asia and South America. It has been awarded in Tampere, Oberhausen and Uppsala.

If I Fall is a short film about Kaarina, a Finnish sawmill worker. She’s falling down repetitively without anyone noticing.

If I Fall is now shown also on the Internet.

Animateka
If I Fall online

Read more about If I fall