The winners of the 2011 Swan Lake Award were announced last night in Mittweida, Germany.
And the winners are:
1. Jonathan Mortimer (UK) – „43 – Fourty Three“
2. Javier Villegas (US) – „Narrative Line“
3. Greta Stanciauskaite (LT/FI) –„ Blue“
Category Digital Film:
1. Christoph Schaarschmidt (DE) – „Running Against Time“
2. Christan Abel (DE) – „Ash“
3. Timmi Davis (DE) – „Bilbo the Clown“
Category Interactive Movie:
1. Nora Dobosi (HU) – „What’s your decision?“
2. Kristin Damm und Christoph Andrä (DE) - „Blastars“
No TAMK students were awarded this time, but Greta Stanciauskaite, student of Vilnius College of Technologies and Design, who was awarded in the animations competition was exchange student at our Media Programme last autumn and designed her winning animation here. So we feel like a winner. Congratulations Greta! It was a pleasure to have you here!
The Swan Lake: Moving Image & Music Award (SL:MIMA) invites since 2004 young talented filmmakers to participate with a movie in one of the three categories: ’Computer-Animation’, ‘Digital Film’ and ‘Interactive Movie’. Modern piano music by international artists serves as the basis for the competition.
The competition is arranged by the media students of Mittweida University of Applied Sciences. TAMK is one of the international SL:MIMA partners.