A Practical Use Of My Education?


My name is Trent, and I'm an IMP.

Since August of 2011 I have been studying in the beautiful TAMK Finlayson campus, where I have met many wonderful people, seen many intersting sights, and learned many useful things.While I am sure that this is true of most students in their first year, here is the exception: I have already been able to apply these things that I am learning in a USEFUL and PRACTICAL way to my own personal endeavors outside of the classroom.

You seee, I have my own business. Because I am a student as well, I have been trying to do as MUCH for myself as I can, opting to create my own website, design my own logos and print material, and do all of my own marketing. In just two quick semesters as an IMP, I have been able to apply a lot of what I learned about using Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign in my business. Not only have I learned the "practical" side of how to use these programs, but I have also learned theories about visual design, typography, print design, etc, that have helped me to do a good job of it too.

I just wanted to take a brief moment to throw out a big thank you to the TAMK International Media Programme. I look forward to learning a lot more.

Thanks,

Trent